We have had the four new additions to our flock for a little over a week. They still 'flock' together in two groups-the old group and the new group. I just hope the little ones are getting enough to eat--they seem healthy enough. The biggest disruption has been the nests. The pullets keep knocking all of the wood shavings out of the laying nests. We found eggs on the floor--none stepped on fortunately. I have moved two nests to the other side of the coop. Seems to help. The four layers continue to average at least eggs per day. I wonder when all eight will 'flock' together.
This blog reflects the journey of Kathleen and Mark who have left suburbia to steward this historical property and transform the land back into a working farm.